Turtle Rock Studios is looking for a qualified Community manager to join our team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR and promotional events, we would like to meet you.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Create, manage, and execute community and social media plans and content calendars, working with internal departments, developers, and external agencies to get approvals and most importantly: create great content.
- Effectively moderate active communities of passionate gamers on a variety of social media channels and platforms.
- Know your audience: where they are, how they interact, and speak their language. Be visible, positive, and helpful.
- Become a creative force by coming up with ideas and running with them; creating and distributing product content across multiple platforms.
- Contribute to and help manage influencer marketing, getting the most out of YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, etc.
- Work with PR and Marketing on community and digital media support plans.
- Create valuable, actionable reports focused on community and social media sentiment and growth.
- Take part in trade, developer, and consumer shows with community presence, including onsite support and travel.
- Assist our customer service department in identifying, routing, and escalating customer service issues to the proper personnel and departments.
- Identify and help create compelling content and high quality art to represent the company's products.
- Plan for and develop a vibrant, welcoming and positive community.
- Work closely with Production to determine timing, resource availability, and project deadlines.
- Understand and follow the latest software, platforms, and technologies.
- Work with and manage external vendors who support our community efforts.
- Train in and understand our social media analytic tools, contest and polling functionality, live stream technology, and social media software.
- Be confident and prepared to host and co-host live stream events and broadcasts, showcasing our games, and conducting interviews inside and outside the gaming industry.
- Always represent the company, its people, and its products with the utmost integrity.
- 3+ years experience in a community management or social media role within the video game industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on a video game website, fan site, or producing game-related video content; competitive titles preferred.
- Experience reviewing data and interpreting it to develop insights.
- Must be well versed in online game etiquette, and be genuinely interested in assisting, engaging, and working with our valued players and customers.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in community management, including strategies, techniques and tools for managing and reducing player base toxicity.
- Existing presence and experience on major gaming forums, as well as experience in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Discord, and their supporting 1st/3rd party applications.
- Extensive knowledge and play experience of recent and past console and PC shooters, competitive games and esports (you need to be a gamer).
- A casual, friendly work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Competitive salary